All you really need is only one ingredient to solve all your problems and you save money and effort for something better than laundry.
Today, most synthetic detergents are often made of petrochemicals, phenols, and toxic fragrances. In other words, many laundry detergents are largely carcinogenic, allergenic, and otherwise harmful to your health. These chemicals have long been associated with environmental damage, particularly in our streams and waterways.
Most people also hate doing the laundry as it can be boring, exhausting, and annoying when some stains just will not come out. It can also be expensive depending on the brand of detergent you buy.
All you need to do is just add a little white vinegar to your washing machine drum and the results will amaze you.
Here’s 10 Great Reasons to Use White Vinegar for Laundry
1. Pour half a cup of white vinegar on your clothes before you put them in the machine. White vinegar increases the power of your laundry detergent, protects the colour of your clothes, and reduces any soapy residue after the washing.
2. You can also use some vinegar instead of your fabric softener. Pour it in the designated compartment of your washing machine. White vinegar provides the same effect. The only difference is that it is softer, and does not harm the environment.
3. Acid in white vinegar removes deodorant stains and sweat from your white clothes.
4. Powder detergents leave residues on the clothes after the washing, and your sensitive skin can flare up. Add half a cup of white vinegar to your laundry to prevent this.
5. Believe it or not, white vinegar neutralises unpleasant smells such as smoke.
6. Soak your dirty clothes in vinegar solution. Combine hot water and half a cup of vinegar. Let your clothes soak overnight, and wash them as usual. Here is an extra tip. Spray stubborn stains with undiluted vinegar essence, and rub carefully.
7. It is impossible to remove fuzz and animal hairs from some fabrics. Well, vinegar will do this for you. You will notice how your dry clothes are clean and have no hairs stuck on them.
8. The acid in white vinegar will also take care of the static charge.
9. Add 6 tablespoons of white vinegar to your hand wash, and let it soak for half an hour. The same method can be used when washing underwear and swimwear.
10. Using white vinegar to clean and descale your machine without having to use harsh chemicals.
Give it a go and let us know what results you have. Happy washing !!!